Monday, October 29, 2012

TOY NEWS FOR 10/29/2012 - BANDAI SUPER ROBOT CHOGOKIN BIG O AND GIANT ROBO

Just when you thought all the news from the Tamashii Nations show in Japan was over, along come these two fuzzy pics relieving the latest additions to Bandai's Super Robot Chogokin line!

The big, bad Big O and-- from one of my favorite anime of all time-- Giant Robo!!!

For those who don't know, Super Robot Chogokin is an off-shoot of Bandai's Soul of Chogokin line-- but made smaller and more affordable, and usually featuring more modern era robots. But don't think that because these guys are smaller and less expensive that they in any way lack the amazing quality of their larger counter-parts!

In most cases, the Super Robot Chogokins are actually more dynamic and articulated than the SOC line and they are just as beautifully detailed!

I already have the SOC Big O-- but that Giant Robo is a must have for me! I'd even love to have a bigger SOC counterpart if he ever came about!! I love all things Giant Robo! (Now if only someone would do all the character from the anime-- besides Ginrei--  in some form or another! I've been waiting for almost 15 years! Arrgh!)

Big O

Giant Robo

2 comments:

  1. i can say without any doubt that i would buy the giant robo figure asap, been googling the phrase "giant robo soul of chogokin" for years now and it seems like my prayers have been answered [in src form]!!!!! all hail bandai!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giant Robo has long been one of my favorite anime of all time. Not to mention watching the original live-action show as a kid.

      Now all I need are the characters-- like Daisaku and Ginrei in the rest-- in some form of figure. I'll even take gashapon figures!

      Delete