Thursday, October 11, 2012

TOYS NEWS FOR 10/11/2012 - LEGO TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES

This had been rumored for a while, but nothing official had come out of LEGO until now. Here we get our first look at the upcoming Ninja Turtles line and it's.... a bit underwhelming, to be honest.

I guess there's not much you can really do with this line aside from the obvious. I'm sure a Sewer Set is coming, that's a given. But the Turtles themselves just look... bland. Boring. And so does Shredder.

Maybe it's because they're based off the new cartoon, which I don't watch. I'm pretty sure that these will be a hit with the kids, though. It's always good to see something that I grew up with be passed to a new generation, too.

So, long live the Turtles! They just won't be living in my house, at least in LEGO form, anyway.


The Shellraiser Street Chase (with Leonardo, Michelangelo, Dogpound, Foot Soldier and Kraang)

Here's a look at the various mini-figures from the line.

Splinter

Leonardo

Donatello

Michelangelo

Raphael

Shredder

Foot Soldier

Kraang

Dogpound

The first sets will be released in Jan of next year. The Shellraiser set will retail for 59.99


No comments:

Post a Comment