Thursday, December 20, 2012

TOY NEWS FOR 12/20/2012 - DAMTOY - ELITE SERIES - 1/6 SCALE MARSOC SPECIAL OPS TEAM LEADER

For quite a few years, collecting and "kit-bashing" 1/6 scale military figures was (almost) my only hobby, as far as toy collecting was concerned. At one point, I had over 300 figures that I'd either made or collected all on display in book cases in my living room.


Crazy.


But, I've been out of the military figure game for quite a while now, but every now and then a figure comes along that really makes me want to get back in the game again. Damntoy's MARSOC (Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command) Team Leader is one such figure.


I used to have to make some of my own parts from scratch just to create a figure that was wearing the most up-to-date gear, but now they're far beyond what I used to make myself. This figure's got everything but the damn kitchen sink!

It's amazing what effect games like Call of Duty can have in terms of interest and general knowledge of all the gear the different Spec Ops units carry. It would be nice to see some more cross-over with the younger generation who play those kinds of games begin to find an appreciate for high-end collectible figure such as this.


















Price will be $135.00 with a released to to be announced.

No comments:

Post a Comment