Sunday, February 17, 2013

TOP 5 REVEALS FROM TOY FAIR 2013

It's been a fantastic week of amazing pictures, products and news that came out of Toy Fair last weekend in New York, and while I'm sure that everyone had their favorites, there were some very specific reveals that stood out to this blogger and mega toy enthusiast.

They are--

#5

THE POWER LORDS
BY: THE FOUR HORSEMEN


I understand if this isn't on any one else's list, but I was looking forward to this line the minute it was announced. I used to collect the original Power Lords figures back when I was a kid, and I always thought they were really cool, but they never got the full treatment (cartoons, etc) that other figure lines did. 
And when I'd bring up The Power Lords to other collectors over they years, they'd always say, "oh yeah, I think I remember them..." But leave it to the uber geeks of The Four Horsemen to not only remember them too, but to love them enough to resurrect the line!

#4

TRANSFORMERS - METROPLEX
BY: HASBRO


I don't collect any modern Transformers other than the Takara/Hasbro Masterpiece series, but this juggernaut of a Transformer just might send me running to the toy isles in search of one when it's released this fall. 

I was never a huge fan of the original Metroplext because, as a Transformer who was supposed to turn in to a city, he was just way too small. Well, this figure sure fixes that problem! And what's better,  he's so big and detailed that he'll look great in your collection no matter what--
he could really fit into any Transformers line that you wanted to use him for.

 #3

CLASSIC BATMAN TELEVISION SERIES FIGURES
BY: MATTEL


Is it too late for a line like this? Not for me!

I loved this show as a kid-- and the kitchiness of these figures and the show it's based on makes it far too difficult to pass up. Even to this day, it's a part of pop culture, almost 50 years later!

While not quite perfect, Mattel still did an amazing job on the faithfulness and look of these figures-- and the Batmobile, more than anything else, it an absolute must-have!

#2

PREDATOR SERIES 10
BY: NECA


NECA had hinted long ago that they just might be working on some new Predator figures based on the old Kenner Predator line. The Kenner figures were very highly imagined and had little to nothing to do with the films at all, consisting of all manner of strange variants meant to appeal to kids and allow for wild color schemes and action features.

When I head NECA's announcement, I thought, "well, I guess I'm done with the line after series 9", because I had no interest in anything that resembled those old Kenner figures. Oh, how wrong I was.

NECA, in their absolute brilliance, took those Kenner designs and made them very realistic and very much their own-- and the results are freaking amazing!

#1

NECA 1/4 SCALE FIGURES
BY: NECA



Well, what more can I say? Just look at that Iron Man!!! That's says it all!!!

NECA is going to make me collect the one scale of figure that I promised I never would-- 1/4 scale. They just take up so much room! But NECA not only makes something that could easily be a movie maquette but is super-affordable compared to other large scale figure out there. 

I have the feeling that this is just the tip of the 1/4 iceberg as far as what NECA has planned for this scale. I'd like to put my order in for a 1/4 scale Robocop, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment