Friday, February 15, 2013

TOY NEWS FOR 2/15/2013 - MAX FACTORY - FIGMA - BIO-BOSTER ARMOR GUYVER - GUYVER I

Whew! I sure am glad I never paid those crazy prices for Max Factory's older Guyver figures because look at what we're getting now-- a proper Figma Guyver I!

I've loved Guyver ever since the first OVA's back in the 80's. (Please never mistake is for that shit movie staring Mark Hamil which was a bastardization of the source material.)  At the time, Max Factory was producing a line of vinyl, pre-painted model kits of all the creatures and characters from the anime-- and I had them all! I loved them! From there, almost 15 years later, Max Factory use the same (or very similar) molds to create a small line of action figures. These were very hard to find and shot up to insane prices on the aftermarket and on e-bay. I missed out on those and always looked them up on e-bay, but I just couldn't justify pulling the trigger. But now, I won't have to....

In it's third incarnation with Max Factory, Guyver is now moving over to the amazing Figma line! Who will be next? Guyver III? One of the Zoanoids? All of the Zoanoids?!? I hope that this is just the beginning of the Guyver line!

Max Factory Figma Guyver I figure

No comments:

Post a Comment