Sunday, July 14, 2013

TOY NEWS FOR 7/14/2013 - SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES - G.I. JOE - 1/6 SCALE DESTRO (TEASER IMAGE)

When this line was first announced, I was totally excited and planned to collect each and every one of them. But, I'm an original Joe fan. I love the A Real American Hero designs. Sure, some could use a little upgrading and updating, but when you look at them, there should be no doubt as to who it is. And, I think that if you're going to do a line of 12" figures where you're realistically only going to do one version of each character and it's going to cost between $150-$200 each, you better do the instantly recognizable and classic version of that character. Sideshow did not do that. And so, I was out.

Besides Sideshow's sometimes loose interpretations of some of the characters (some are pretty spot on, though), my biggest deterrent for collecting this line is the price. These are definitely worth something close to $100, but $180? Nope. Not for me.

And so, here we have Destro. There's no doubt that he's Destro and I actually like this interpretation, but if he was the classic Destro, he'd be so much more awesome.

This is just a preview, look for the final figure to be revealed soon.

Sideshow Collectibles 1/6 Scale GI Joe 12" Destro Figure (teaser)

No comments:

Post a Comment