Sunday, July 28, 2013

TOY NEWS FOR 7/28/2013 - NECA - RETRO STYLE 8" FRIDAY THE 13th JASON AND NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET FREDDY

Let it be known that I love Mego figures, and mostly despise any current "retro" "Mego-inspired" figures.

I think that the 8" format is totally viable, but they idea of purposely making a modern figure look crappy so that it can be "retro" just doesn't computer in this collector's brain.

And while I usually have much love for all things NECA, these figures are getting no love from me. I realize that I'm probably in the minority because the "retro" 8" figures are going pretty strong at the moment. I just wish NECA has jumped in and done something to really kick this style of figure in its ass, but, no such luck. These look like they could have been made by any second rate toy company to me-- and so did the Django figures.

NECA 8" Retro Friday the 13th Jason FigureNECA 8" Retro A Nightmare on Elm Street Freddy Figure

More info (and possible bitching) as it becomes available.

No comments:

Post a Comment