Monday, September 2, 2013

TOY NEWS FOR 9/2/2013 - NECA - 8" RETRO STYLE A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET FREDDY KRUEGER

I was giving NECA-- and other companies-- a hard time over this whole "retro" figure craze that I just don't get.

The originals (MEGO) have nostalgia and collectibility, but they aren't exactly state of the art toys by today's standards, so I just don't see the point in making modern 8" toys less than they could be, just to give them a retro look.

I think the 8" figure format, with real clothes and such, is a valid format, just do it to today's standards and you'd really have something!

Anyway, that's just my opinion. I know that this "retro" style is growing in popularity, so I'm definitely in the minority.

However, having said all of that, I have to admit that I was was rather impressed with this new photo of NECA's 8" Retro Fredy Krueger figure. For an 8" scale-- which is very hard to do when it comes to making clothes not look to "doll-like" and "toyish"-- I think NECA did a fine job is adding a lot of realism to the figure! Freddy does look pretty evil and terrifying, and the hands-- especially the claw hand-- look great!

Since NECA's first 8" figures (Django Unchained) never really made it to market, these will be our first real chance to see how NECA does in the 8" retro market.

NECA 8" Retro Nightmare on Elm Street Freddy Krueger Figure

He slated to be released in October for $29.99

No comments:

Post a Comment