Thursday, September 26, 2013

TOY NEWS FOR 9/26/2013 - FIGURES TOY COMPANY - DC COMICS - RETRO/MEGO STYLE TEEN TITANS - AQUALAD, SPEEDY, KID FLASH AND WONDER GIRL

I used to be a major Mego collector back in the mid 90's. At that time, I was re-purchasing all the toys of my youth along with a lot of toys that I wanted and never had.

As a kid, I loved Megos. They were the first real super-hero figures, and, other than the main figures like Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, etc, they were all very hard to find. (At least for me.)

I never once saw a Conan or Mr Fantastic or Ironman, but seeing their pictures on the package, I really wanted them!

So, in the mid-90's, that's exactly what I did. After a few years of collecting, I had all the Mego Super-Heroes other than Supergirl and these guys right here-- the Teen Titans.

The Titans are regarded as much harder to find than most of the rest of the World's Greatest Super-Hero line (other than the Batman and Robin with removable masks and the Montgomery Wards exclusive "alter-ego" figures/sets).

Figures Toy Co. has reproduced quite a decent chunk of the old Mego figures so far, including the old World's Greatest Monsters line along with the castle! But, so far, it looks like they will only be reproducing the DC figures in the World's Greatest Super-Hero line. Marvel does not seem to be on-board. I hope they do get the Marvel license as well. It would really be cool to see the entire Mego line all together as one line again!

Figures Toy Company Retro/Mego Style Teen Titans

Figures Toy Company Retro/Mego Style Teen Titans - Aqualad

Figures Toy Company Retro/Mego Style Teen Titans - Kid Flash

Figures Toy Company Retro/Mego Style Teen Titans - Speedy

Figures Toy Company Retro/Mego Style Teen Titans - Wonder Girl

Pricing and release date info to be announced.

No comments:

Post a Comment