Monday, October 21, 2013

TOY NEWS FOR 10/21/2013 - PLAY ARTS KAI - ROBOCOP (ORIGINAL) AND ROBOCOP (2014 FILM)

I wasn't sure if I wanted to add Play Arts' original  Robocop to my collection. I already have the NECA one, and I've pre-ordered the Hot Toys version, but then I saw these wonderful new pictures.

That is one damn perfect looking Robocop! Even the poses they chose make him look like he just stepped off the screen!

Yeah, I think this one is getting pre-ordered, too.

As for the 2014 versions..... Ehhhhh..... I don't know.

The film looks.... kinda bad. I really hope that it won't be, but I don't have high hopes. I love the actor--Joel Kinnaman-- on The Killing. (Season 3 was spectacular, but the way. 10 times better than season 1-2, so if you bailed out and never saw season 3, you must watch it!) But Kinnaman seems to be playing the same character here as he does on The Killing. He didn'e even bother to lose that "inner city" accent he has on thee show. That just does not work for Robocop. Robocop says, "You're coming with me." He does not say, "You're comin' wit me."

I'm also not down the the black suit idea. The homage to the first suit looks great! Why do they need to change it to the black suit later in the film (as I deduce from the trailer)?? I guess they want it to be their own version of Robocop. Well, if you wanted that, you shouldn't have called the damn film Robocop!

And what's up with that human hand just hanging out there, all exposed?? "Oh, but that's how he holds on to his humanity." Whatever! It looks stupid! Bad idea.

So, yeah, original Robocop-- pre-ordered. The other ones-- while freaking great looking figures-- not so much.







All are slated for a May 2014 release for $89.99 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment