Wednesday, October 30, 2013

TOY NEWS FOR 10/30/2013 - SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES - DC COMICS - 1/6 SCALE BATMAN

Okay, let me just pose the question... Why is The Dark Knight dressed in such a fruity blue color?

Most Batman representations these days have him in a much darker shade of blue. There's a part of me that appreciates the fact that Sideshow is going with a different shade than most figures use these days, but the other part of me would really prefer a more "definitive" looking Batman.

When they first unveiled this like at the 2012 SDCC, Batman was wearing a much more preferable shade of blue, so I'm not sure why they decided on this light blue look.

Batman Prototype from SDCC 2012

Now I'm on the fence with this whole line because without a Batman that I can feel happy about dropping 200 bucks on, I might pass on it completely.

Colors aside, the figure itself looks absolutely awesome. It looks like part Jim Lee and part Simon Bisley.

I wouldn't be surprised if this figure sees an eventual re-release with the darker colors, but then again I'm not holding my breath, either.











He's available for pre-order now on Sideshow's site for $199.99 with a release date of August 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment