Tuesday, May 20, 2014

TOY NEWS FOR 5/20/2014 - PLAYMATES - TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES - MOVIE FIGURE (PACKAGED)

We're getting our first look at the final, packaged versions of Playmates' TMNT figures from this summer's movie, and I have to say, they're pretty lackluster...

Alright, people may have their opinions on the movies designs-- personally, I like them-- but let's talk about the figures themselves.

The sculpts...... Okay, they're not terrible.They're pretty soft and not up to the level of some of the competitive companies, but I can certainly deal with them. However, the paint apps are just weak. Well, actually, they're practically non-existent. I really think that Playmates can do better than this, but with stores demanding low cost figures, and knowing that they'll sell like hotcakes to kids away, there's no reason to do more than they've done here. I guess.

I'm willing to bet that in the hands of a decent customizer that these figures would turn out great, though.





These are supposed to hit in June for around (I assume) the usual TMNT figure price point.

No comments:

Post a Comment