Wednesday, May 7, 2014

TOY NEWS FOR 5/6/2014 - NECA - PLANET OF THE APES (ORIGINAL) - SERIES 1 (PHOTOSHOOT)

It's a summer of Apes...

I had a few of the MEGO Planet of the Apes figures as a kid, but I never saw any of the movies until I was in my teens and I can't really say they did much for me.

Maybe if I had grown up on them like so many others had it would have stayed with me like other movies did, but, aside from respecting the iconic status of this classic film series, I can't say that I ever had any desire to own figures or collectibles from any of them.

That being said, NECA has made these figure very tempting. They look absolutely outstanding-- which is not surprising when you consider that Randy Fawkes, head of NECA, has made it very clear that POTA has been his dream project for years and years.









Series 1, which consists of Ape Soldier, Cornelius and Dr Zaus, will be released in July for around $18.99 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment